Treasure Bowl For Kid’s Sake Fundraiser
Arrr me hearty! Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central New Mexico be hostin’ a Treasure Bowl For Kid’s Sake Fundraiser! Be a part o’ Big Brothers Big Sisters’ biggest national fundraiser and help ‘t Albuquerque Chapter raise treasure fer ‘t sake o’ t’ wee minnows in our community.
Set Yer Compass
T’ 34th annual Bowl For Kid’s Sake be comin’ on fast! Get some wind in yer sails ‘n step lively land lubbers! This be an adventure ye won’t want ‘t miss! Thar be a bit ‘o fun fer everyone! Nearly 600 bowlers be in on ‘t fun, so be sure to hoist yer colors ‘n bring a burly crew fer gatherin’ treasure ‘n feastin’!
Date: April 1, 2017
Time: T’ fun begins at 9 a.m. n’ goes on till 9 p.m.
Where: Isleta Fun Connection (next ‘t Isleta Resort & Casino) 11000 Broadway SE
Albuquerque, NM 87105
Features: Thar be much ‘t do as we fools gather ‘t raise some gold! This event entails…
- Face Painting
- Arcade Games
- Laser Tag
- Rock Wall
No need ‘t fret fer all yer coin goes ‘t supportin’ ‘t minnows of Central New Mexico!
What Is Big Brothers Big Sisters?
Big Brothers Big Sisters is all about building futures for the next generation. Making meaningful connections between adult mentors and children, Big Brothers Big Sisters strives to provide positive influences as well as powerful role models for youth today.
Learn more about BBBS and the Bowl For Kid’s Sake Fundraisers by following the links below:
Live A Little: Springtime Party Themes
Spring is a season filled with color and life. What more reason is there for you to party than these? Baby showers, birthdays, weddings, spring is the perfect season for any occasion! Liven things up a bit with some of these Springtime Party Themes!
Welcome warmer days with a beautiful element of nature that highlights the loveliness of Spring. Butterflies are perfect for her sweet 16, baby showers, as well as bridal bliss! They also come in a variety of colors!
Party Animal Theme
Animal lovers can let their inner party animal out with this adorable theme! Foxes, raccoons, bunny rabbits, or birds Spring is the perfect season to let your inhibitions go and let your inner party animal loose!
Take Me Out To The Ball Game: Sports Theme
Basketball, baseball, soccer, celebrate your favorite Springtime sport with a little show of sportsmanship! Incorporate everything from sports balls, jerseys, teams, to some enjoyed concessions to take you and your friends back out to the ball game!
Let’s Go Fly A Kite Theme
Sunshine, cool breeze, and clear skies make for gorgeous spring days! Why not take the opportunity to enjoy an age old tradition? Celebrate the beauty of nature and warm Spring days with a Kite themed party!
Time For Tea Theme
Tea, cakes, and finger sandwiches make for some scrumptious fun for all ages! This celebration is one that can embrace both elements from the in and outdoors. Host a tea party on your front lawn or patio for some Springtime flare with some bold colors from your own flower bed!
More Springtime Fanfare
Looking for more fabulous ways to get over Spring Fever? Check out some of these Springtime Party Theme ideas!
Sweet Aroma: Selecting Your Wedding Bouquets
One of the most dazzling aspects of a wedding ceremony, other than the dress, is the flowers. Selecting the most sensational flowers involves more than the incorporation of your favorite blooms. Shutterbooth Albuquerque has some Do’s and Don’ts to practice in your search for the most fantastic floral arrangements.
The Blooms, The Do’s…
When it comes to picking those delightful stems, here are some good practices.
- Set a budget – Putting a price point on your buds will determine the blooms you can get for your big day. The bigger the budget, the more elaborate the flower arrangements can be.
- Embrace your season – When choosing your blossoms be sure to consider those that grace the season. Tulips are tantalizing in Spring! Sunflowers are super in Summer! Dahlias are delightful in fall! Not to mention, Poinsettias are perfect for Winter!
- Use your color scheme – Draw some inspiration from your color scheme! As only a select amount of flowers come in various colors your color palette can be a great source of inspiration for some truly unique arrangements!
Pulling The Weeds: The Don’ts In Flower Selection
Here are some flower picking mistakes to avoid:
- Not reusing the ceremony arrangements – Those spectacular blooms you walk down the aisle with can also make for some stunning centerpieces!
- Taking on too much Do It Yourself (DIY) – Assembling flower arrangements by hand can be very time consuming and taxing.
Preening: More Do’s and Don’ts
For more do’s and don’t in your selection of wedding bouquets visit these links!
Here are some great local vendors!
Dream Dress: Finding The Perfect Wedding Gown
There is no greater strain placed on a bride than the task of finding the perfect gown. In fact, looking for your dream dress can be a total nightmare, but it does not have to be. Here are some pointers to help you discover that dress of your dreams:
- Begin the search early on. – If there is one detail you want to make a statement, it’s your dress! Start looking as early as nine months prior to the big day to allow time for alterations.
- Set a budget and stick with it. – Set a price mark for you to stay under, and do NOT go above it. There is no bigger heartbreak than falling in love with a dress you cannot buy. Know your limitations and find something within your price range.
- Be comfortable with your body type and the idea of flattering your silhouette. – Do not get swallowed up in the idea of following a trend. Select a gown that will flatter you.
- Put a number on your dress entourage. – While it is not a crime to have a large number of friends, choosing a dress can be tasking with too many voices inside your head.
Where To Look
Now that you know how to find that dream dress, the only question that remains is where to look? Do not worry your pretty head! Here are some local vendors that can make your vision become a eye popping reality!
Wedding Planning: To Do’s Before The “I Do’s”
Every woman envisions the perfect wedding, Albuquerque Shutterbooth will help you bring that image to life with some wedding day to do’s. Prioritize, organize, and do not miss a tiny detail! Dot those i’s and cross those t’s with your very own wedding day checklist!
12 or More Months…
Congratulations, you are engaged! You are going to tie the knot and are getting ready to plan your big day. As you begin wedding planning, do not forget to start with some of these wedding day essentials!
- Choose your wedding date
- Budget your wedding expenses
- Start your guest list
- Select your wedding party
- Create and order your Save The Dates
9 to 11 Months…
- Book ceremony and reception venues
- Purchase bridal gown and veil
- Get officiant
- Mail Save The Dates
- Finalize Guest List
6 to 8 Months…
- Meet officiant and coordinate ceremony
- Buy your wedding bands
- Start planning the honeymoon
- Purchase Groom’s and Groomsmen’s attire
4 to 6 Months…
- Order the wedding invitations
- Finalize wedding cake flavors, size, theme, etc. and order cake
- Schedule dress fittings and make final wedding gown alterations
- Order wedding favors
Final 1 to 3 Months…
- Buy wedding decorations
- Mail wedding invitations
- Go to final dress fitting
- Apply for and get your marriage license
If you are looking for some more must do’s before the “I do’s” visit the following links:
A Helping Hand
Brides do not have to do the planning alone! Albuquerque Shutterbooth knows one or two that can lend a bride a helping hand in crossing things off their wedding planning checklist!
Alena Swanson at Alena Swanson Wedding and Event Planning
Just Lovely Wedding & Event Planning at Just Lovely Wedding & Event Planning
Love That Will Last: Tips For A Lasting Marriage
Newly weds dream of happily ever afters, white picket fences, kids, the works. It is a life built on dreams, until reality sets in. What is the secret to a healthy, happy, lasting marriage? Albuquerque Shutterbooth divulges some of the best advice for newly weds from those who have tied the knot and are still madly in love years after the “I dos.”
1. Compromise when you can, but do not make one you cannot live with later.
Meeting half way is a healthy practice in any relationship. However, the one thing you never want to do is make a compromise that has time limits within your marriage. If it is not something you can commit to for the foreseeable future, or the ‘long haul’, odds are it is not a commitment you need to be making.
2. Keep your love alive by making time for a date every week.
Time grows exceedingly precious in the course of a marriage. Do not let lack of funds keep you from keeping your love alive. Walks in the park or along the beach are just as meaningful as a candlelit dinner for two!
3. Do not take your partner for granted.
Take a minute every day to appreciate your husband or wife. Be sure to let him or her know just how lucky you are to have him or her by your side! Never stop thanking taking time to appreciate your partner and always say “I love you.”
More Sage Advice For Newly Weds
Loving these pointers and wanting some more? Check these out:
Be Mine: Valentine’s Day Wedding Trends
Demonstrate your love with a Valentine’s Day wedding! Capture the spirit of love this Valentine’s day! Express your love by setting the mood, say be mine with some romantic Valentine’s Day wedding trends.
Splashes of Pink and Red
Pink and red are a class act for this sweet holiday. However, these sweet shades do not need to take center stage. You can still have that romantic feeling with the application of black or white. Hints of luscious reds along with rosy pinks in the floral, favors, party attire, as well as decorum can still capture the mood.
Give Them Some Sugar
Spread the love by giving your guests some sugar. Candy bars dripping with chocolate fondue to tasty, sugar coated love notes can make for a sweet treat that they are sure to love. Of course, sugar does not have to be of the sweet tasting variety. Handwritten notes with expressions of your heartfelt appreciation can make for some tender wedding favors.
Set the mood with some classic, fun, romantic love songs. If you want to add a little touch of something sentimental, allot certain hours of time for song requests. You could even incorporate some of their tender memories by requesting them to write the name of the song that made up their first dance, or perhaps a song that represents their view of love to make for some heart warming song selections!
Add some lovable, endearing aspects to your big day. Say kissable, with props like a kissing booth for a perfect Valentine’s Day photo opp!
More Valentine Wedding Fun
For some more ideas check out these sites:
Romantic Valentine’s Proposals
Tell him or her that you love them with more than chocolates. Have your heart set on a special someone, pop the big question with some of these romantic Valentine’s proposals!
Be Mine: Classic Valentine
Teddy bears, roses, chocolates, and candy have all the sweetness of romance along with Valentine flare. Give these traditional gifts a new spin with some expressions of your deep devotion.
Give your honey some sugar – A path of sugary heart shaped treats can lead your beloved to some ‘beary’ tender moments. The application of traditional candy, teddy bears, ring, and a single question can end in your happily ever after.
Shower your beloved with affection with the presentation of some heartfelt words of love in Valentines.
Say it with roses – A trail of petals to the placement of a breathtaking bouquet can render your honey speechless.
Sweeten the moment by the placement of the ring inside a box of chocolates.
Home Is Where The Heart Is
Open the door to your life, home, and heart with some of these heartfelt expressions of your undying love.
- Memory lane – Photographs, songs, and other mementos can transform your home into a walk down memory lane. The final destination, of course, being the jaw dropping question!
- Private dinner for two – Nothing quite says “I love you” like a candlelit dinner for two.
- Picture The Future – A customized puzzle or picture frame with two words: Marry Me can get you a teary eyed yes to a picture perfect future!
Still looking for the perfect way to propose? Find some inspiration with some of these romantic proposal ideas.
Snow Days: Chasing Away The Z’s of Boredom
Snow days are the worst, especially when boredom sets in. What to do is the big question of everyone’s lips when faced with the prospect of being stuck indoors amidst a winter’s storm. Albuquerque Shutterbooth offers some ways to take the boredom out of your snow day with a little fun for everyone!
For The Adults
A day stuck at home can make for a long one, especially when you live alone or have a room mate that drives you up (and down) the wall! A cold day outside can make for the perfect opportunity to:
- Binge Watch – Snuggle up under the covers and turn on reruns or seasons of your favorite television shows
- Cook or Bake – Prepare some recipes you have been dying to try by doing some cooking or baking
- Reading – Curl up with a good book, and if need be, take the phone off the hook
- Play With Your Pets – Get some quality time with your little animal friends
For The Kiddies
Kiddos driving you bonkers? Do you need a means to calm the madness? Here are some fun activities they are sure to love! Good news is, you can join in the fun! You can:
- Play In The Snow – Bundle them up and let them have at it in the snow. Snowmen, angels, and forts galore!
- Extreme Hide N Seek – Tone things down by being on the look out for hiding munchkins.
- Arts, Crafts, and Board Games – Hands on activity can chase away hours of gloom and doom.
If lucky, everyone just may settle down for a winter’s nap!
More Snow Day Fun
For more family and sow day fun ideas visit the sites below!
Pictures Come Alive NEWAnimated Gifs
Pictures come alive Shutterbooth ABQ introduces NEW Animated Gifs! Life in action, capturing moments of movement is probably one of the biggest challenges in photography. Thanks to modern technology and exceptional photography you can now have an eye popping, animated, photo experience! Like our picture prints, we can bring your photos to life in a number of ways with our animated gifs.
Photography In Motion
We have got it all! Add movement to your pictures with our fully animated overlays as well as backgrounds. From brightly flaring fireworks to shooting stars, we have a selection of wonderfully motioned overlays and backgrounds that will draw the eye and capture hearts. Know no limitations with our seamlessly integrated green screen to create full spring of motion fun for you and your guests!
Go 3D! Another spectacular feature to our new Gifs is it can go 3D. Shutterbooth ABQ has some amazing optical effects that carry fun filled element of surprise. Nothing cracks a smile quite like a photo that jumps out at you! We are saving the best for last. These fabulously active animated pictures are ones you can also customize!
That’s right! You can customize!
Our design specialist can help you create a truly unique and personalized look for all of your animated Gifs.
More New Arrivals
While this is all good news, there is more! In addition to our new animated gifs, Shutterbooth ABQ is proud to present the Shutterpod!
Because this booth is so tiny it packs quite the punch, hence its name. Shutterpod is an interactive photo experience that takes photography to the next level!
To learn more about these awesome new features go to: Shutterbooth Services
Think of the possibilities!
ShutterBooth ABQ is Voted Best Photo Booth
ShutterBooth ABQ’s most likely best moment of 2016 is being voted New Mexico’s Best Photo Booth Rental. Our photo booth earns this honor during the Perfect Wedding Guide New Mexico Bride’s Select Awards banquet. Joining you in the celebration of your birthdays, anniversaries, quinceaneras, as well as marriages you allow us to become a part of the magic in making precious memories. As this is what we do best, you acknowledging us among the best in Albuquerque along with the Santa Fe area is truly a humbling experience!
Bride’s Select Awards 2016
Nominations are accepted for vendors in the Albuquerque in addition to the Santa Fe areas from over 400 brides. The nominations we earn throughout the course of the summer. Receiving such a large amount of support from these local areas is heart warming as well as encouraging. It is a tremendous honor. We take great pride in being a part of this elite group of wedding vendors. The few categories receiving votes include the best in:
- Beauty Expert
- Floral Designer
- Ceremony Location
- Gift Registry
- Place To Have A Bachelorette Party
- Wedding Coordinator
- Spa or Place to Relax
- Place To Order A Wedding Cake
- Catering or Restaurant
In addition to Best Photo Booth Rental…
Therefore it is with tremendous pride that ShutterBooth Albuquerque accepts this amazing award. Bride Selects recognizes us as the Best Photo Booth Rental! It is all due to your undying support that we are able to achieve this title. While we are happy to have this honor, we simply cannot do this without you!
To learn more about the Bride’s Select Awards visit: Bride’s Select Awards
Learn more about the Bride’s Select Awards Winners go to: Bride’s Select 2016 Awards Winners
Most Importantly, thank you for your support!
Let’s Fall In Love: NM’s Largest Bridal Show
The greatest bridal event of the year is coming to Albuquerque New Mexico: The NM Wedding Expo! Countless wedding professionals such as David’s Bridal, Alfred Angelo, and Ann Matthews Bridal to even our own ShutterBoothABQ are going to be in attendance! Delicious cakes, fabulous floral, to spectacular photo ops is going to be within an arm’s reach. Add those final wedding touches with a flair only a true artist can apply! Make your upcoming nuptials memorable! Fall in love and find the picture perfect vendor at the NM Wedding Expo!
Over 100 Pros, No Cons!
Albuquerque promises over 100 wedding professionals showing at the NM Wedding Expo! Whether you are looking for the right taste, smell (both fresh and silk), design, photographer or gown you are sure to find it here at the largest bridal event in Albuquerque, New Mexico. It is all pros and no cons as this bridal event will feature some of the very best Albuquerque has to offer when it comes to saying ‘I do.’
Real pros you can expect to see at the event:
- Albuquerque Florists
- Men’s Wearhouse
- ABC Cakes
- SmallCakes Bakery
- ShutterBooth Albuquerque
- Matt Blasing Photography
- Alfred Angelo
- Bliss Salon and Spa
- Tully’s Italian Deli & Meats
- Mr. Tux Formal-wear
AND MANY MORE!!!
The Big Event
This is the one-stop bridal event of the year! Couples who register have a chance at winning with about 100 prizes to be given away! Some of the potential prizes include:
- A Las Vegas Getaway
- Discount E-book
- 1 Year Subscription to Brides Magazine
- $200 Gift Cards
So mark your calendars and register yourself for this event now!
When: January 22, 2017
Time: 12 pm – 5 pm
Where: Isleta Resort & Casino
Hope To See You There!
Festively Fabulous Hot Cocoa Recipes
Needing the extra upper this holiday season to keep you sane? Are you looking to indulge your cocoa cravings this winter? Chocolate, booze, fruits, berries, candy, cookies, to classic treats…we have found it all! Taste the holiday classics as you try some of these festively fabulous hot cocoa recipes courtesy of your neighborhood Albuquerque Shutterbooth!
Spiked Holiday Cocoas
Like a little something extra in your chocolate? These holiday treats have a little extra something in them to lift your spirits. Rum, whiskey, bourbon, what will add the little extra warmth to your cocoa this holiday season?
Holiday Classic Cocoas
Are you wanting to get into the holiday spirit with a taste of the classics? Enjoy the tastes of your childhood days? Nostalgic for holiday flavors of gingerbread, peppermint, cinnamon, and fudge? These hot cocoa recipes bring a touch of holiday flavor right into your cup!
More Chocolaty Cocoa Goodness
Thirsty for more? Try some of these festively and just delightfully rich as well as delectable cocoa beverages! Butterscotch, peanut butter, and more. There is cocoa to be had galore! There is no end to this warm cup of chocolaty cocoa goodness for you this Christmas!
Do you have some of your own festively fabulous hot cocoa recipes to share? Share your holiday favorites with us! Cheers to you this holiday season!
Winter Wonderland Holiday Inspiration
Winter Wonderland Holiday Inspiration anyone? Do you have the blues this season? Cure them with a little Winter Wonderland Holiday Inspiration! Experience the beauty this season has to offer. Create your own Winter Wonderland with picture perfect photo ops! Albuquerque Shutter Booth is painting a marvelous canvas of Winter with natural beauties that you are sure to draw some photography inspiration from this season!
Most Wonderful Time Of The Year
Baby, it is cold outside! There is a chill in the air. Gone or the long warm, fresh days of Spring. Gone too are the long hot, days of Summer fun. As it turns out, winter has its own magic that truly makes this frozen season, one of a kind. Sprinkle on some snow as well as some pine. Viola!
Winter is commonly perceived as a season without life, growth, or flowers. It is known all too well too for the cold weather it brings. However, Winter harbors life and natural beauty of its own. Albuquerque Shutterbooth is going to take you walking in a Winter Wonderland with some breathtaking photography of some natural beauty you onlyd find during this magical time of year.
- Berries – Holly, Ivy, and Mistletoe
- Crystal Clear Air – Winter provides the most clear, blue skies from sunrise to sunset. These make for spectacular photo opportunities with family and friends. Everything is captured in more detail.
- Snow, Snow, Snow, Snow – There is nothing more pure or natural than a fresh blanket of newly fallen snow! Snow acts as a natural prism as it takes on any color the sun throws at it.
2016 Christmas Wishlist Must Haves
Christmas is less than a month away. Smells of cinnamon, peppermint, fir, pine, as well as holly are already thick in the air. The one question on everyone’s lips is: What Do I Get…? Let’s do some window shopping and look at 2016 Christmas Wishlist Must Haves for him, her, teens, and a bit of well…EVERYONE!
Holiday Gifts For Him
What do you get the guy who has everything? The list can become quite extensive when you are looking for just the right Christmas gift. Some sure to win gift ideas for him for 2016:
- Whiskey or his favorite Alcoholic Beverage
- Wireless Headphones, Speakers, and other Computer Hardware as well as Software
- Shades, Cologne, Watches, and other accessories
- Beanies, Hats, Slippers, and Gloves
Christmas Cheer For Her
Buying for her is no less a challenge. Surprise mom, wife, sister, girlfriend, grandma, daughter, or friend with some of these holiday gifts!
- Jewelry and Makeup Sets
- Chilled Wines or other favored Alcoholic Beverages
- Perfume, Lotions, Soaps, and other Pampering Products
Teenage & College Holiday Presents
Keep your teens hip this Christmas with some of these awesome Christmas gift ideas. Don’t forget your college age students either!
- Cellular Phones, Slips, and other Cellular Devices
- Faux Shades or Frames for a guarantee of a good night’s sleep
- Study tools: Pencils, Notebooks, Stationary, Backpacks, Etc.
For The Little Angels & Sugar Plums
Here are some of the top recommended gifts for this holiday season!
- Leap Frog and other Interactive Learning Tools
- Classic Board Games
- Dolls, Dollhouses, and Action Figures
- Lincoln Logs, Lego Sets, Etc.
- Tailed Blankets
For a little more gifts for everyone:
Popular Photography Practices
One of today’s Popular Photography Practices are Photo Booths! They seem to be on the rise! They continue to capture our most precious moments after nearly a century despite the popularity of ‘photo friendly’ apps. What makes the use of photo booths so popular? Albuquerque Shutterbooth goes behind the lens to find out!
A Little Photo History
Where did the use of the photo booth begin? There is likely nothing more magical, timeless, or classic than a beginning on Broadway! In 1925 Siberian immigrant, Anatol Josepho, introduced the Photomaton.
The photo booth had its first taste of popularity in 1953 when Hollywood star, Fred Astaire, sat for a photo! It has become an increasingly popular photography practice since!
Why The Buzz?
What makes photo booths all the rage in a world where snap chat and Instagram thrive? Well…
- Intimacy – Photo booths create an intimate space. Couples, friends, and even groups find themselves having to get close for the picture perfect photo op.
- Instant Access – Photos taken in a photo booth allow participators to receive their photographs immediately following the experience. There is no wait! There is no hour to several hours long way for film development.
- Timeless – This generation as well as previous generations can enjoy all the joy photo booths have to offer. It is an experience for all ages!
To brush up on your photo booth history visit: A Brief History of the Photo Booth
To learn more about why Photo Booths are all the rage go to: Photo Booth Surge
Holiday Blues: Holiday Survival Guide
Not sure how you will survive the holidays? Got a case of the holiday blues? Dr. Holiday is in the house! Albuquerque Shutter Booth presents a Holiday Blues: Holiday Survival Guide that will see you through this busy time of year.
How To Survive The Holidays
Whether it is decorating, buying gifts, holiday parties, or dinners here are some simple guidelines to make the holidays bright.
- Be flexible with your holiday decorations. Do not focus your efforts on holiday decorum specifically designed for just any one holiday. When putting together your holiday decorations try to incorporate items that can be used the whole year round. Glass candle holders, jars, or unscented electric candles can be perfect for any occasion with the application of ribbons and brightly colored candies as well as beads!
- Escape when you can. When attendance over the holidays becomes mandatory or feels like an obligation arrive early enough to make yourself comfortable. Stay long enough to catch up and after making an appearance, excuse yourself. Making small talk and saving face sometimes is just enough to make a friend, family member, or co-worker happy.
- Keep the spirit of giving alive by making a list to help you organize your holiday shopping list. When you are thinking of starting your holiday shopping, make a list of people you know. Next to them write what you want to get them. If you are not sure, write down some of their hobbies or interests.
For more holiday advice visit the following links:
Feast your Eyes: Thanksgiving Fun Facts
Food, family, and football who could ask for more? Feast your eyes with some eye popping Thanksgiving Fun Facts! Discover something about Turkey Day you never knew as Albuquerque Shutterbooth gobbles for Turkey Day!
Oh My Gobbler! 10 Unbelievable Things You May Not Know
- The first Tv Dinner was Thanksgiving Leftovers – In 1953 Swanson overestimates the amount of turkey Americans would consume. They create mini feasts of turkey, cornbread, dressing, peas, and sweet potatoes.
- The first Thanksgiving meal was prepared by only 4 women – Of the 140 pilgrims who feast that first Thanksgiving, only four women are present to prepare the meal.
- There may NOT have been any Turkey! – The game was afoot, that is for sure! However, there is no specification, as to what game or fowl, was prepared to feed the company for a week.
- Thanksgiving was meant to be a fast NOT a Feast – The devout pilgrims practice the act of giving thanks in prayer as well as abstaining from food. The Wampanoag Indians, who celebrate with them that first Thanksgiving, share their harvest traditions.
- Everyone drank! – The state of water in London was poor. Adults and children alike drank beer as it was believed to be healthier than the water.
- There likely were not many Native Americans – The indians fell in large numbers to illness.
- The First Thanksgiving was a 3 day affair!
- Every year the U.S. president pardons a turkey.
- The American South did not celebrate Thanksgiving during the Civil War. – The southern states saw Thanksgiving as a ‘Yankee’ holiday during the Civil War.
- The average weight of a Thanksgiving turkey is 15 pounds.
More Thanksgiving Fun Facts
Hungry for more? Feast your eyes, and your minds with these unbelievable morsels of knowledge!
Shop Smart: Holiday Shopping Guide
Tis the Season to go shopping! Black Friday is the BIGGEST shopping day of the year. Do your holiday shopping safely and Shop Smart with this Holiday Shopping Guide from Albuquerque Shutterbooth!
1. When In Doubt, Shop Online!
Technology has enabled shoppers to purchase their holiday presents straight from the internet. Not much of a runner? Not wanting to deal with the extended wait periods? Browse some of your favorite stores online and catch some of those Black Friday sales online.
Keep in mind though, online sales, while liberating from the lines and hassle of cluttered aisles still comes with shipping fees.
2. Be Flexible With Your Purchase Selections
The hustle and excitement of Black Friday sales lead to a rapid succession of purchases. Avoid disappointment by having a list of backup purchases handy. For one thing that any shopper can be sure of during this Flash Sale is a LIMITED SUPPLY!
3. Begin Your Shopping Early!
While there are a number of deals that are exclusive to Black Friday, a number of sales are ongoing prior to. Knowing which sales are going on and worthwhile can better prepare you for real deals, because you just may save more buy shopping before! As the saying goes, the early bird gets the worm!
4. BEWARE FINAL SALES
The prospect of major discounts on popular wish list items is bound to raise a fuss. However, a wise shopper need be wary and not get caught up too quickly in all the excitement. Be knowledgeable of return policies, as these Final sales can deliver a crushing blow with their restocking fees.
For more safe Black Friday shopping tips, visit the following links: